Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I confess that I don't really know Latin despite having taken two college-level tutorials and 3+ years of home-instruction. I frequent the Novus Ordo Mass in Latin (which Mass should be the model for all other Novus Ordo Masses), though, and understand what is said during the Mass.

I confess that I put a green face masque on during the night, crept up to a friend's room where she was watching the exorcist, ran screaming in and jumped on her bed. She cried.

I confess that I like pranks if tying all the men's doors together (at the now-defunct Campion College) with twine and putting kool-aid in their showerheads is any indication. The men retaliated by putting laxatives and a goldfish in my water bottle and locking all the girls out of the building among other things.

I confess that I have a penchant for occasionally singing Gregorian Chant uproariously in the car during traffic with the windows rolled down. It's good for other's souls.

I confess that, on the other hand, my voice is not very good - so I could be an occasion of sin during traffic hours.

I confess that I am not one of those people who go batty over animals. I love cute, I love fluffy, but that never stopped me from eating my cute and fluffy pet bunny when I grew bored of cleaning its cage (we raised rabbits for a bit and sold or ate them).

I confess that I love to order people around (provided that they give me no backtalk). Said one older Asian man after I drove a student group on to answer questions in time to give an in-class presentation "Wow. You are very...command. Commanding. You very in charge."

I confess that I am perfect in every way.*

* except for when I'm not.

(and for tagging: Iosephus and JHP - go!)

No comments: